Performance is such a general term we apply to the individual needs each of us has in our work and in our play. How can you compare the unique practicalities and demands of working in an office environment with those of competing in a sporting event or performing in front of a crowd? The truth is that although, as human beings, our interests and aspirations lead each of us to very different places, the way we all deal with challenge is the same. We rely on our past experiences to guide our way.
Have you ever experienced any of these?
- Anxiety or confusion when faced with the unfamiliar
- Difficulty mastering a new skill
- Frustration over losing proficiency in something you once found easy
- Struggles getting back to where you were after an injury or other life-changing event
- Social awkwardness or clumsiness in stressful situations
- Difficulty expressing yourself in charged environments
Many of these problems stem from two fundamental issues that are common to everyone:
- Loss of confidence or anxiety in the face of the unfamiliar or the unexpected
- Psychophysical habit patterns that manifest without our awareness, sabotaging our intentions
How The Alexander Technique Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
The Alexander Technique is a system of reeducation that has been successfully helping people all over the world for the past hundred years. It will help you identify and release detrimental habit patterns and provide you with concrete tools to successfully negotiate the challenges of your chosen profession, physical activity or creative expression with calm and confidence.